Sunday, February 11, 2018

Understanding the Meaning of Evil

The Washington Spinoza Society began in the fall of 2001 and has scheduled nine meetings a year ever since.  Coordinating that organization is truly one of my greatest joys in life.

As part of my involvement in that philosophical society, I write and deliver an essay each year.  This year's essay was delivered this past Monday night, and is entitled "'The Problem of Evil' in Light of the Hague, Lisbon, Auschwitz, Manhattan and Capitol Hill."   

Are you intrigued by that title?  If not, why the hell are you reading this blog?

Anyway, I think you'll enjoy the essay I wrote based on Monday night's talk.  And I know you'll find it provocative.  You can read a copy of the essay on the Spinoza Society page of my website.   Here's a link to that page:   http://www.danielspiro.com/spinoza.html

No comments: