Thursday, October 08, 2015

Gone Celebratin'!


I’ll be celebrating too much this weekend to offer up any substantive blogpost, so I encourage you now simply to celebrate with me.

You may want to celebrate the beauty of autumn.  Or the return of playoff baseball.  Or the fact that the Democratic candidates for President are about to debate.    Or the World Bank’s announcement that global poverty has dropped in the past three years by fully 200 million people, and less than 10 percent of the world’s population is now in poverty.

Me?   I’ll be celebrating all of those things.  But most importantly, I’ll be celebrating the wedding of my daughter, Hannah Michelle Spiro, of Bethesda, Maryland, to David Pfeferman, of Accokeek, Maryland.


And I’ll also be celebrating the fact that while this wedding is between a “Hannah” and a “David,” even if it were between a “Donald” and a “David” or a “Hannah” and an “Anna,” I could still attend that wedding in all 50 states.  That’s what I call progress.

No comments: