Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day

I want to wish all of you fathers out there the very best father's day.   Watch the U.S. Open or the NBA Finals.  Or just enjoy nature.  It's your choice, dads.  For once, you don't have to put your kids' needs first.

I'd like to say that I'm going to enjoy the day to the fullest, but that would be disingenuous.  My day will be spent working hard on matters related to marketing my upcoming book and then driving an hour up north so that I can sit shiva for my rabbi, who lost his own father.   Not exactly fun and games, but what kind of man doesn't sit shiva for his own rabbi? 

Anyway, because of those commitments, I will not be able to share my impressions of the chaos that has engulfed Iraq.  Or the shock of seeing the House Majority Leader -- and the only Republican in Congress who is Jewish -- lose in a primary.  It certainly has been a very momentous week both domestically and abroad, and perhaps the advantage of not blogging about it now is that while we know there will be serious ramifications from both of those events, it's way too early to discern them.

I expect to post again next Friday or the following Monday.  I will have a new puppy by then (we're picking him up on Wednesday), so I had better be in a good mood. Maybe that will be my father's day present even if it is a few days late.


No comments: